IPBS et CBI - Toulouse recherchent des chefs de groupe, postdocs et doctorants
The Centre for Integrative Biology (CBI) and the Institute of Pharmacology and Structural Biology (IPBS) in Toulouse (France) are seeking:
- New Group leaders (3),
- Postdoc fellows (3),
- PhD candidates (4).
CBI and IPBS are leading research institutes of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the University of Toulouse, respectively founded in 1996 and 2016. They are located in Toulouse, southwest France, on the main Campus of the Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier, offering multidisciplinary education in the fields of Science, Health, Engineering and Technology, and developing one of the most important scientific research clusters in France.
The CBI-Toulouse (https://cbi-toulouse.fr/eng/) conducts internationally recognized research in fundamental aspects of the structure and function of complex biological systems. Research at CBI covers all scales from individual molecules to the whole organism and animal groups. It is multidisciplinary, combining a wide range of research fields from genetics, epigenetics and RNA biology to microbiology, cell biology, chromatin / chromosome dynamics, developmental biology, neurobiology, collective animal behavior, as well as computational and systems biology.
The IPBS-Toulouse (http://www.ipbs.fr/) is a world leader in the discovery, characterization and validation of novel pathways and pharmacological targets in the fields of cancer, infection and inflammation, through the use of innovative molecular and cellular biology approaches, in vivo functional exploration and state-of-the-art research in structural biology, proteomics and biophysics.
The two institutes bring together more than 650 scientists and supporting staffs, including more than 100 national and international postdoctoral fellows and PhD students, in 56 research groups. They offer an outstanding scientific and stimulating research environment and several cutting-edge core facilities. These include mass spectrometry and proteomics, macromolecular crystallography, electron microscopy with cryo-EM, liquid- and solid-state NMR, biophysical characterization of proteins and complexes, virtual screening, single particle tracking and tethered particle motion analysis, whole body, tissue and cellular imaging, flow cytometry and cell sorting in standard or BSL3 laboratories and animal facilities (housing bees, Drosophila, zebrafish, Xenopus and mice), together with a computer cluster for large data analysis and simulation.
In order to reinforce their research endeavors in an inspiring and collaborative, the IPBS and the CBI have launched a joint call for the recruitment of NEW TALENTED GROUP LEADERS addressing fundamental questions, with priority on:
- MICROBIOLOGY, including Infection biology, Quantitative and computational biology of microbes, Integrative microbiology of microbes:https://cbi-toulouse.fr/eng/images/upload/1183-call-joint-ipbs-cbi-2021-microbiology-pdf.pdf
- ALL IPBS topics, covering Cancer microenvironment and biology, Inflammation and Infection Biology:
- All CBI topics, with a particular attention to biophysics, biophysical modeling, computational biology and/or RNA biology.
Starting package: Successful candidates will be provided with a starting package including office and lab space for 5-10 people, staff support, seed funding, mentoring to obtain a tenured position at CNRS and facilitated access to on-site technological facilities.
Outstanding candidates, of any nationality at early-career stage, are expected to develop competitive, independent research and meet the required criteria for successful application to national and international funding, including ATIP-Avenir (https://insb.cnrs.fr/fr/atip-avenir), FRM, ANR “Jeunes chercheurs – Jeunes chercheuses”, ERC-StG or CoG, or equivalent installation grant, and to a position at CNRS. Senior researchers holding a CNRS or University position are also welcome to apply.
Application deadline: May 23, 2021
CBI and IPBS are currently offering 3 POST-DOC POSITIONS:
- A post-doctoral position in structure/function analysis of mycobacterial glycolipids (up to 3 years) in Jérome Nigou’s group at IPBS
- A 2-year postdoc position on integrin functions in immune cells during tumorigenesis in Frédéric Lagarrigue’s group at IPB
- A postdoctoral position to study ribosomal assembly and translation mechanisms involved in oncogenesis using cryo-EM, proteomics as well as NGS approaches, for a minimum duration of two years. The post will be based at the CBI-Toulouse, and will benefit from a state-of-the-art cryo-EM platform (with newly installed Talos Arctica equipped with a BioQuantum K2 detector and phase plates) as well as next door’s proteomics facility (ProFi, IPBS Toulouse). The candidate will work with Dr Celia Plisson-Chastang for cryo-EM and SPA (CBI), in close collaboration with Dr Julien Marcoux (IPBS) for structural proteomic analyses.
For more info, contact Dr Celia Plisson-Chastang <email@example.com>
CBI and IPBS are currently offering 4 PhD POSITIONS:
- A 3-year PhD position from September/October 2021 to study of social behavior in D. melanogaster, supervised by Severine Trannoy, PI at the CRCA-CBI
For more info: https://bit.ly/2OdQKLK, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 3-year PhD position to study of the role of chromatin in the silencing of transposable elements, supervised by Luisa Di Stefano, PI at the MCD-CBI Luisa
For more info, contact: email@example.com
- A PhD position in Quantitative Animal Behavior & Cognition, supervised by Alfonso Pérez-Escudero, PI at the CRCA-CBI
For more info, https://perezescuderolab.org/join/ contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 3-year PhD position in Lung immunology and physiopathology supervised by Emma Lefrançais, PI at IPBS
More info: http://www.ipbs.fr/index.php/phd-position-lung-immunology-and-physiopathology contact: Emma.Lefrancais@ipbs.fr